15 years!

By Leslie Parks - Monday, July 12, 2010




July 9th marked our 15th wedding anniversary.  We dated for 5 years before that.  I've known John for 20 years, more than half my life.  Sometimes it seems like yesterday that we were planning our wedding but then it seems like we've been here forever.  I have to say that I do love him more now than when we said our vows.  I can't believe how much he has made my dreams come true, not just the monetary or materialistic dreams but the relational dreams as well.  God has truly blessed my with John as my husband.  Some things that I appreciate about him: 
He compliments me (one of my love languages)
He is always thinking of the family ( I was going to buy him a video game but he wanted to make sure it was appropriate to play with the kids)
He works hard at work and at home. 
He helps out around the house.
He doesn't take any attitude from the kids or me.
He loves to laugh with the kids, especially when they are being witty.
He likes to play chess with the kids.
He has a very soft heart.
He planned a get away night and took me to Whidbey Island on our anniversary! Ok, the last one I do appreciate but it is just icing on the cake.
We borrowed a little red Miata (thank you so much) and left the kids with a very capable sitter (for pre-teens) and left town.  It was wonderful.  I had a captive audience all the way to Coupeville.  I knew we were going to have a great time when he purchased two diet Cokes and a package of peanut M&Ms.  Usually we share a Coke which he drinks and he doesn't buy candy.  We showed up in Coupeville and drove around town a little, stopped at the visiter center to pick up some brochures then drove to our hotel.  We walked around town, out on the pier and to the restaurant for dinner.  After dinner, John gave me the keys.  We ended at Fort Casey.  We walked all over the old gun batteries, bunkers and ammo storage holds.  I was telling John that this would be a great photo shoot for a wedding, not 10 minutes later a wedding party came out with the photographer.  Love it when that happens.  The next day we drove to Fort Ebey and hiked all over.  We plan on bringing the kids this summer for some hiking for the day.  It was so beautiful!  Then onto home and back to reality.

C'est 15 annees depuis notre ceromonie de marriage.  Ca passe vite mais ca passe bien.  J'appris beaucoup dans le temps.  Je pense que j'adore mon mari plus maintenant que le jour de notre ceromonie.  Quelques chose que j'apprecie au sujet de John. 
Il m'aime.
Il a patience avec moi et les enfants.
Il pense a les enfants avant de lui.
Il aime de jouer avec moi et les enfants.
Il discipline les enfants.
Il rit avec mois.
Il m'aide avec la maison et le diner.
Il me pris a Ile de Whidbey pour le nuit sans enfants! 
Nous quittons la maison dans un voiture convertible.  La jour est beau et chaud.  Nous arrivons a Coupeville et faisons un petit tour.  Apres nous avons trouver l'hotel nous avons allee au pier et diner.  Le soir, nous avons conduise au Fort Casey.  Fort Casey avait des grands pistoles pour garder les Etats Unis entre 1940 et 1945 mais nous n'utilisons pas les pistoles.  C'est annee nous avons etudie les deux grand guerres.  C'est des sujet vrais triste mais c'est vraiment importante d'apprendre.  Nous avons decide de prendre les enfants ici cette ete.  Le jour prochain, nous avons a Fort Ebey.  La, nous avons fait une promenade au pied dans le parc et apres returner chez nous.  Il y a deux jours parfait avec mon mari.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments