An Award

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, February 11, 2016


He left around 1 pm on Friday and came home around midnight and then was out the door around 7 am the next morning only to return around midnight again. "Email my soccer team that we have a game and I won't be there but don't tell where I am" was his request.  I guess attending State Chess Individual Tournament isn't cool enough for soccer players.  He played 5 games in total and one of them was 2 1/2 hours long.  Thankfully he won that one.  He wasn't in the Master's Division, but the division below which was the Premier Division.  Those who were ranked between 1200 and 1500 were in that division.  I have to say that I'm pretty proud of him.  4th place.  I guess that he did as expected, he won who he should have, drew against someone equally ranked, and lost to someone higher in rank.  I'm still pretty proud of him.  I think chess is hard and I don't understand all of the strategies, openings and end games.  I can't talk rank or file but I do know that it take intense concentration. Good job, Isaac Parks!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments