A Tradition: Bonfire

By Leslie Parks - Friday, March 16, 2018


It's mid March and warm enough to be outside without jackets. The boys have a fire going in the firepit.  They've been to the store and back with Smore supplies so that we can have our first spring evening around the fire. I have a love hate relationship with smore makings.  When they were little, I just hid inside.  Now I stay inside for different reasons.  John hates the smell of smoke from a fire on clothes and in hair and I don't always want to take a shower at night. Second, when I'm trying to eat healthy, it's just easier to stay inside. This night, I brought out the camera for documentation and then headed back inside. I wasn't ready to participate in the campfire yet.  It's mid March and still chilly for me. Besides the fact that it there was way too much testosterone in that group.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments