A date: Marine Park

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, September 03, 2019



There is this little piece of land that juts out into the water just south of Marine Park. We've talked before of having a picnic out here and watching the sun set over the islands in the sound.  Instead of a picnic we walked along side the tracks to make our way to this secluded spot. We had been so busy lately and it seemed as though each activity was expensive. I needed a break but I also needed to be able to do something. This was it. It was free, a walk along the shore. It was beautiful and allowed me to be creative. It was calming and we set our own pace. When we do things like this, I feel like I can connect with my husband and yet also do my own thing. We talk often about our children, discuss our concerns, go through the highlights, wonder about the future, theirs and ours. Things are changing this year and I am not sure how they will play out. This type of activity allows us to think, recharge, and to just be.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments