My visitor

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, September 11, 2021


Each year I eagerly anticipate the arrivals of the bunnies.  I know they are here over the winter but it's the spring and summer months that they make their appearances. Sometimes I wonder what my neighbors think about me crawling across the front lawn commando style with camera in hand but mostly I don't really care.  They like the grass best when its new or when it's longer so I don't mind if the lawn is a little unkempt or a bit shaggy.  I don't mind if they eat the pears that have dropped, in fact if there are teeth marks I leave it for them.  I've even put out a water dish from time to time for them and once got John to purchase a salt lick as well.  This summer there was only one little baby that graced our yard and it was pretty skittish.  The older rabbit would stretch out, relaxing all the while keeping an eye on me.  I could get fairly close while taking photos before it needed a bit more space.  It's expressions and antics would just make me smile and it had me peering out both the front and back windows searching daily sometimes hourly just to see if it had come to visit.  















 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments