A Change of Seasons

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DVD holder (front and back)


An example of repetition (for my scrapbook design class)





Crazy hat night for Awana. What can you do with pipecleaners, bells, feathers, and foam sheets?



A view of the trees around our street. This year they have been so vibrant and beautiful. I had to take pictures before the leaves were gone. Sometimes I feel like I live on a Hollywood street (Pleasantville). This is one of those times. I hope to see these trees get large and fill out over the street.

Well, we survived another soccer season. Eight weeks of soccer and it is over as of Saturday. Oh, we do have the end of season soccer parties, but there are no more practices, no more hours on the soccer fields on Saturday, no more smelly soccer socks x 3. This to me means a change of seasons. I have evening freer and now fell like decorating for fall.
Isaac's soccer party was on Saturday after his game at the soccer field. It was a fun tailgate party. We brought hot dogs and the grill, others brought chips, pop, brownies and buns. Very fun. I think that this might be the last year these kids play together. Next year, I think his team is going to be broken up. Some kids want to try out for Whatcom Developmental League. Some kids want to go out for football. Some kids want to quit soccer altogether. Sad. I think we've become kind of a soccer family. There will be other things.
Job's team had a remarkable year. They lost only one game. The parents are starting to become a "family". They had the end of the year party at Round Table Pizza last night. John stood up and talked about each child, had them give him a firm handshake, and gave them a trophy. The kids also received a DVD of pictures and a little trophy. I took pictures of the kids all season and then put it to music. I really like the "Feeling Good" song by Michael Buble. I also made a holder for the DVD. I downloaded a template from PapertreyInk.com. It was fun to make.
Lona's party isn't until November 6th at DQ.
All three kids had the number 15 for their jersey number. It was coincident that Job and Lona had it but Isaac requested it. Funny.
On Sunday we went to Judy's house to help her celebrate her birthday. It was so much fun to be with her family and talk and laugh and eat. I just feel so blessed to have her as a friend. I have learned so much from her and have been ministered to by the whole family. Sometimes I have these funny expectations and then I talk to Judy and I realize that I'm having tunnel vision. It is great. She is such an encouragement to me. I just really love her.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments