Last day of the quarter & Reformation Day

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, November 01, 2008




















October 31,


The last day of our quarter. We successfully worked very hard for 2 months. I needed a celebration. So, we headed to Green's Corner for cookies, hot cocoa, tea and a Latte. The kids brought books to read and we hung out. Job told me that he is beginning to like to read like Isaac. I think that he didn't have anything else to do besides read there so he read. Maybe we have to get out like that more often. It was so good. Judy showed up and we were able to visit. Then we walked home (in the rain), but still very fun.

I had ordered costumes for school for the kids. Since we are studying the Puritans, the Mayflower Compact, Rhode Island, all that founding stuff. Next week we are supposed to have a Puritan Feast. Of course they needed costumes and they showed up on Oct. 31. Great!

North Lake Community Church was having a Pumpkin Bash and we headed over there for the evening before hiding from trick or treaters. I forgot my camera! What was I thinking. I wasn't. There was a large jar full of Tootsie Pop suckers and the kids had to guess how many suckers were in the jar. The drawing was at 7pm and I was ready to go home but Isaac was so insistent that we stay and find out if he won. He guessed 125 I think. Job guessed 138 and Lona guessed 185. She won. Now we have way too much candy. The jar was hers. Isaac wasn't disappointed that he didn't win because he still got the jar of suckers. LOL.

Later that night Job wanted to carve his pumpkin that he won at Awana for saying so many verses. So he in his costume carved away. I now remember why I bought my 50 mm lens. It does so much better indoors at night. I just was not thinking last night. Maybe it was the 1 hour workout at 5:30 am and then the 3 mile run at 3:30pm, with 1 mile walk in between. Why drive when things are so close. Umm - because it's raining. Nah, they can splash in puddles if its raining.

On Sunday we are off to Seattle after church to stay with John's Dad and then Monday Isaac has a follow up pump appointment. Yeah. I think we are going to take bikes down. Lona, Job and I hopefully will ride bikes along the river while John and Isaac go to the doctor. Much better idea than just me.
One more thing: I saw this very funny video about designing stop signs.
check it out.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments