Sledding at Cornwall

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, December 28, 2008
















What an exciting white Christmas we had. The snow lasted about a week. On Friday we decided to grab the neighbor kids and head to a sledding hill. After making a phone call we found that

a close and perfect sledding hill was to be had at Cornwall Church. It was great, pull up, park and you are at the top of the hill. The bottom of the hill being flat - a wet land without a pond. If there is a pond it was so far away that there was no danger of the kids getting that far. The name of the game was pelting the sledder with snowballs. Those on high ground had the advantage and parents were always under attack. No holds barred. When we had arrived the girls said too steep. I took the smallest down first with me and then there wasn't a problem. In fact I had to beg a child to go on a sled with me. They all wanted to go by themselves armed with snowballs. Job has been on a snowboard kick and kept trying to go down standing on the sled using bungee cords to strap his boots in. Crash and burn was his motto. My camera died from the cold. It really doesn't like the extreme temperatures. Once back home it would cooperate for me again. We were the last ones to leave the sledding hill, dark, wet and not the least tired out we headed home for lasagna and a wild evening laughing, and running amuck. I love the family days of really not having a schedule. I love having John home when I get back from exercising. I love taking a break from school and spending time with the kids, like taking them sledding. This is passing too quick.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments