Get Organized

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, January 06, 2009

This has my scrapbook papers, ink, paints, adhesives and eyelets and brads. We all use this stuff for school as well.

This set of shelves has our school books, scrap paper, foam sheets, math manipulative's, markers, paper, school books that didn't work for us, completed projects, ruled and graph paper, cds for school. If it is for school in is on/in here.

Currently this table has both school work and scrap booking supplies, along with a laptop that John's brother graciously gave us. Thank you Kevin.

This is a shelf that has more 12x12 paper, crop-a-dile, book binder, alphabet & foam stamps and pre-made cards. The kids get into this to use just about everything here for school crafts too. I generally think that scrap booking and home school go hand-in hand.

This is my out of control desk. It has current projects and future projects all over it. Underneath is my file of scrap paper. We frequently get into this for projects and cards.
(This is a rambling post.)
I feel that we live in a state of disarray. My goal is to finally figure out how to get organized so that we can get our school done and put away. I can scrapbook and then put away. We can do crafts/play games and then put that stuff away. These are before pictures. I need to go through stuff and purge. There are times that we end up looking for a particular school book/workbook for 1/2 hour before we find it shoved in between the pages of another workbook. That definitely does not work for me. One thing that I'm excited about is a one-night workshop MP3 is offering about organizing home school. I think that I desperately need this. I'm also taking an organizing class through Big Pictures. Between these two sites I think that I can figure something out. We use the same area for all of our crafts and home school. I go to other people's house and all their stuff is put away daily. Can I ever get there? Papers, scissors, glue sticks, history projects, and your general garbage strewn all over our school table. I've perused the scrap rooms on twopeasinabucket because that is the closest thing I can think of as a general home school/craft room. Some of them are beautiful - I can't believe the stuff and others are a bigger mess than mine. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get this under control by the end of March. I just don't see being able to run out and purchase a huge amount of "stuff" so that I can organize and purge the other "stuff" that I have. One thing I want to learn about our family is what works for them/me. I also want to be able to use what we have more effectively. We will see how it goes. I'm hoping to post updates on how things are going for us.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments