Soul Sister

By Leslie Parks - Friday, April 08, 2011


















It's not often that I can use the labels memories in the making and Leslie without adding any of the kids or soccer or or or ....
This was a memory with me and my friends.  It was Starbucks, Train, Soul Sister, wine glasses, dancing with Ipods, tears and laughter, listening and talking, photos and well more photos.  It was us being us, not being moms or wives, daughters, sisters, just us.  We learned a lot about each other and I think a little about ourselves.  We are still pretty enough to have our photo taken in the elevator from some young punk and his cell phone.  We are intimidating to others in a restaurant where the average clientel has 150 lbs on us because we are all that.  We needed some sun and fun.  Lyrics have been running through my brain and whenever I see these photos they will continue.  "Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brain...Hey soul sister I don't want to miss a single thing you do"  will forever be ingrained as this weekend's theme song.

J'etais allees avec mes amies pour le week-end.  C'est un temps de rire, de pleurer, de parler.  Nous buvons du cafe et du vin.  Nous allons au restaurant pour dinner.  Nous sommes la sans enfant, sans maris, juste nous.  C'est un weekend parfait.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments