lights

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, November 25, 2017



My family does this for me I know it. They like the Christmas lights and will drive around the neighborhood looking at the lights and I think they like the lights on our house but they put them up for me.  John rearranges bikes and stuff to pull the attic door open. Climbing into the rafters, he roots around the boxes until he finds the Christmas ones and he starts handing down, boxes after boxes until there is a wall in the garage. Then they start the process of locating the outdoor boxes. The two boxes of lights are placed on the ping pong table and the lights are are untangled and checked for burnt out sections.  The ladder is hauled out and the light hook is located.  They take turns climbing the ladder and stringing the lights from cup hook to cup hook.  Years ago John place cup hooks under the eves so it would be easier to string the lights and it is. They wrap each other in lights and the dog. I love how bright and soft the house looks with the lights. It just does something on cold drizzly days. I wish we could keep them up for the whole of winter but our subdivision likes them to come down in a timely manner. For my sanity though I wish they could stay and call them fairy lights after the new year.


















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments