An Outing: Gingerbread Display

By Leslie Parks - Friday, December 08, 2017

I had heard of the Gingerbread house display at the Port but for some reason hadn't had the opportunity to go before.  It seemed that in years past I was always a weekend late in hearing about it.  So when it came across in a Facebook post I told John I was going.  He was so sweet and offered to go with me. We  headed down to Fairhaven. It was a Sunday and so it was crowded, with parking spots full. The lines to view the houses were backed up and down the stairs. They had entertainment in the end room and we listened to a men's acapella  group that was fantastic.  They were entertaining to watch and so very very good.  I think I liked that the best.  Afterwards we chose two lines to stand in the see the houses and there were impressive.  Some of the categories were for young kids and there was no way the kids could  have constructed and decorated it.  There were a lot of parent involvement in those. There were older kids, adults and professional categories.  It was inspiring.
g







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments