A season ended: Wrestling

By Leslie Parks - Monday, February 12, 2018



It is over and it was a good run. Sometime JV wrestler, sometime Varsity wrestler but always a wrestler. 113 pounds, 5'8" and not an ounce of fat on that body. Strength against strength. There is only one to blame in losing and but a team to thank in winning. Without the team, there is no practicing, no standard to measure up to, no incentive to go to practice daily and to prove at practice that you are the best. The 5 am bus rides to meets that would last all day with maybe a match for him. The 3 minutes of intense work. It will always be a sport I admire but could never do. When watching I  would catch myself holding my breath, my heart pounded and I started to sweat, my body tensed as I watched him. My camera would allow me to distance myself from the event, to be able to watch objectively with out the emotions that wreak havoc within me. Thankful that he does this, happy that it is over, looking forward to the next year. It conflicts with me and yet the emotions align perfectly.





















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments