An Adventure: Lynn Canyon

By Leslie Parks - Friday, April 20, 2018

I keep seeing these amazing photos of the suspension bridges north of Vancouver and I wanted to go.  John and I went years ago to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and it was expensive but there were a lot of the bridges.  I had heard that Lynn Canyon was free and from the photos, it was beautiful. What I didn't realize was that there was only one bridge, not many like Capilano.  I grabbed Lona and Isaac and we headed up for the day.  I need to remember that expectations do not represent reality.  When will I learn this lesson?  Expectation of everyone getting along. Expectation of a non crowded cool experience. Expectation of eating great food. Reality was words said in jest aren't always taken in jest. Reality was I am going because this is what we are doing but I'd rather be home. Reality of no one wanted to stop for food, lets just get home. That being said there were some cool things about this trip. One was that we ran into our neighbor across the street.  She was there for the day with her nephew and sister! how cool was it that we all went to the same spot on the same day?   Secondly we had to drive through a neighborhood to get here. It's like a hidden gem except everyone knows about it. Thirdly, the water was amazing and inviting. I could see spending a hot summer day along the bank swimming, hammocking, and picnicking, I am sure everyone else feels the same way too. However, there were trails going either direction and after about a 1/2 mile the amount of people kind of petered out. It made me want to go further to explore more. I guess another time.











  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments