Exploring my Bike

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, September 06, 2018

This summer I've had to get on my bike more due to a meniscus tear so the hiking I like so much has been put off to another summer. I've taken it easy on the trails, riding on things I feel in control. Each time I climb a small hill, I feel my knee catching, clicking and popping.  It's funny because I thought at one point I would like "trail" riding and mountain biking. I tried my hand at it and it turns out I feel out of control.  I grip the handlebars with white knuckles, my teeth grind together, and I feel my whole body become ridged.  I am uncomfortable and nervous. The thought is easy, the action not so much. I've decided that I'm a bike basket, easy trail, stop at a bakery or brewery kind of biking gal and John has been so patient and gracious to me. He pulls down the bikes, and places them in the truck, choses the trail that with my knee and my ability I can handle. Knowing my limitations, he encourages and smiles and takes his time. I stop when I see light that makes me gasp, taking a photo and he waits or sometimes riding a bit ahead or on a trail that goes along side that is more challenging, yet never impatient with me. We both are taking this year in enjoying the little things we can do and finding ones we can do together.








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments