Exploring: Biking from Boulevard

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, November 10, 2018


It seems like we bike or run this trail often enough that I would get tired of photographing it but I never do.  I think it's because each time I notice something new. I wonder if it is because I am starting to wake up to the surrounding beauty of each season. We started off at Boulevard on our bikes and made our way into Bellingham via the bike path overlooking the sound.  Once we had crossed Wharf Street we continued on until E Laurel Street where we doubled back through the woods. Neither of us had gone this way before. Greeted by a herd of deer who swiftly moved on, we continued just below the original trail. The graffiti on long unused blocks of cement rising out of leaf carpet forest floor made me feel as though I was in a post apocalyptic movie set.  I am sure there could be some great styled photo shoot here.  I'm always on the look out for interesting places for senior photoshoots and this could be one.  I'm thinking gothic but could be anything really.  For there we came upon the bottom of Wharf Street that connects to Cornwall Avenue.  There is a newish park that has been created, Waypoint Park.  We biked around the Grainery which is being renovated for upcoming posh type businesses and cafes.  I think it would be a great spot especially overlooking an inlet.  We biked around the small park, took photos and then watched a family of seals playing in the water.  They just pop up and disappear underwater blowing bubbles  until they pop up farther along the inlet.  I could have watched them longer but it was chilly and I was hungry.   We  decided to bike through the saturday farmer's market which was eye opening with all the vendors and performers in the little area.  We each had a small snack, mine being from the Bread Farm.  I was not disappointed by my selection.  Finally it was time to call it a morning and return back to reality of home, kids and chores.  It is a little bit of a dry run for being empty nesters, since we no longer run the kids around which frees up our time, but it also means we spend more time without them. Parks Family Adventures more often consists of just John and I and less of the rest of the family.  It is a strange thing to get used to.











  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments