It's that time: Senior Photos

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, October 27, 2018

Eighteen is such a crazy age and a senior year just mounts up the craziness.  Looking on Facebook and other social media sites, kids are applying to colleges, for scholarships, announcing their plans. I often wonder what it will be like after senior year for this one. He isn't necessarily coasting but he isn't in a rush to figure things out.  He is taking his time, trying to determine what he likes.  It is interesting to see how he is approaching his last year of high school. 
I've probably taken a thousand photos of this young man over the years and in most of them he looks serious but he isn't.  He just doesn't fake smile at all.  He's comfortable and is a bit of a goofball.  We started off with this amazing canopy of trees and made our way around the park until we reached my favorite bridge. It has the barn in the background and cool wooden rails, with bushes and trees surrounding it. We take our photos and I decide to have him lean against a post.  I'm giving him instructions as a family is approaching us. They have their photo gear in tow so they can take their family Christmas photo.  It happened to be a family from his soccer team and just as they meet us, he leans again the rail instead of the post. The rail goes down and he goes over backwards with his feet flying in the air into the pile of brush and grass on the other side.  I so wish I would have caught that on camera.  I couldn't stop laughing.  It was just the most perfect timing. He was so good natured about it.  He righted himself, replace the rail and posed for a few last photos before we moved on to another location. I have to say that I do appreciate his ability to laugh at himself and to calmly take things in stride.

















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments