An Adventure: Rock Trail to Lost Lake

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, January 26, 2019




 Rock Trail starts from the top of Cleator Road and gives the most beautiful panoramic views of Puget Sound. This was my first hike since I had surgery to repair my meniscus and so I was quite pleased with how it went.  In the last 10 years or so hiking uphill has been easier on my knee than going down, and yet most hiking trails have you climbing first and descending on the way back.  This is the best trail for descending first and climbing for the last part.  It is easier on my knees to go this way. Starting off on the trail we cross the downhill bike trail which means making sure not to cross the path as they are flying by. Then it seems as though there are 1000 steps downhill.  We pass weathered rocks with dripping water, dotted with small holes that open to large rooms able to hold 5 people.  They don't look big enough for one person to climb in.  Lona and I both climbed in when we hiked this last year. (Rock Trail 2018) Once we reached the trail Rock Trail joins to, we headed left wanting to get to Lost Lake and let Skagit swim.  He was looking ready to cool off.  We made it but had to go off trail a little to get to the water just to let him swim. Then back up and climb the 1000 or stairs to the top.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments