Baking: Apple Pie

By Leslie Parks - Monday, October 07, 2019


I reach into the full basket and grab a yellow globe. Running under the water, I wash it and place it on the counter. I reach in and grab another and another until I have 6 on my counter. The crust is already in the fridge chilling. I peel each apple and then slicing them thinly until the bowl is full. I toss them with cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour.  Letting them sit while the sugar pulls out some juice, I roll out my crust saving half for the top. I coax the roundish crust over my rolling pin and gently lift it into the pie dish, cutting off the extra. Wishing I could roll a round crust. I dump the apple mixture into the bowl. Then because I love apples and caramel I drizzle caramel over the apples.  I roll out the left over pie crust, still trying to roll it out into a circle. Why didn't I just roll it square, I cut it into long fat strips and crisscross them over the apple filling. Once done, I slip it into the oven and wait, mouth watering for it to be done. It's one of my favorites.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments