Senior Photos

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, October 15, 2019



My last one to leave the nest. This girl is a senior. WTF? I think I have experienced every kind of emotion with this girl, from the absolute beautiful ( I want to cry I am so proud, and blessed) to the unbelievablely ugly (I am going to kill her or go insane) emotions. We tried to do some photos while at Cannon Beach but there was so much "fun" there for her that to pin her down while to lighting was good was impossible.  Noon, is not the time of day and 30 minutes isn't enough.  I get it, she only sees these kids for 1 week a year, how can we take time for photos.  So we tried again.  Still, the time was limited.  Not too long.  The lighting shown through the grey paper birches turning the leaves from yellow to gold. The logs that lay crisscross next to the trail with the bushes behind them created a perfect backdrop.  We spent maybe a half an hour and she was done.  Off we went to go our separate ways. This girl has a social calendar that is booked from the time she gets up to the time she crashes in bed at 2 am. There usually isn't time to spare.  I am sure she knows half the county and has contacts at every school.  You want to know something, she either knows it or knows who to talk to in order to find out. She could be an influencer if she wanted to be one and put forth the effort.  From cliff jumping and soccer practices and games to working as a qc in the kitchen at Bob's and taking class at Whatcom Community College, she stays busy.  I try to get her to put her activities on the calendar just to help me remember what I've said yes to and where she's going.  Half the time, I'm not sure if she's going to have dinner with us. Yes, senior year will be a busy year. Help me.










  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments