The Homefront: Backyard

By Leslie Parks - Friday, June 26, 2020



I am loving spending time in my backyard this year. We've seeded the area where the pool used to be which helps it look amazing.  The wild rabbits come for dinner most evenings to snack on the new grass and the cherry leaves that have fallen to the ground.  The squirrels have taunted both the dog and my husband with their antics in the cherry trees.  The wisteria bloomed in May and as always have taken over the old fort providing shelter to the the little chickadees wanting snacks from the blueberry bushes.  Instead of pole beans, we are trying bush beans and so far they are coming along.  Last year I mainly used white flowers and I really do like the white and the green but decided to switch it up this year. And I wish I would have planted more of these red flowers.  The humming birds love them. They go from stalk to to stalk and then perch on the cafe lights overhead. We end up eating more meals outside this year than we ever have.  I'm thinking that a table size fire bowl for the patio table just to take the evening chill off.  But I am loving my yard.  




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments