Wildlife on the Homestead

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, June 20, 2020


This is the first year that we had a robin nest. I was so looking forward to seeing little blue eggs and baby robins peeping for food but after a few days the nest was left abandoned, sadly.  However, we have a resident bunny or two or three.  One day I walked outside to see a mother bunny and her baby.  He was tucked under her tightly and nursing.  She took off and dragged him a little ways until he flipped to his feet and high tailed to her.  He immediately dove under her and latched on again.  I keep my camera out and ready for any opportunity for a little photo shoot.  I walk slowly towards some plants wanting to get the lighting just right and then slowly drop to my knees and then my stomach.  I commando crawl taking photos the whole time and trying to frame the bunny before it takes off.  One day I was outside with my camera and there were two of them.  It was just shy of dark and my camera wasn't set right for the light.  I barely had enough time to bring the camera up to my eye and snap a photo of their antics before they took off lickety split.  And so I got bery blurry photos of the these rabbits playing leap frog or leap rabbit.  I'm hoping this lead to baby rabbits for me to photograph later.

























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments