Grandmother Evelyn

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, September 27, 2020





 



Part of my time in Montana was spent with my grandmother.  She lives across the road from my Aunt and just up the hill from the quilt shop.  During the day I would work on the shop and in the evenings I was able to spend time with my grandmother playing games.  Let me tell you she is ruthless with cutthroat and hand and foot.  She is hard to beat.  I don't think any of us ever won.  She just casually and calmly looks over the board, taking her time only to swoop in and send you home.  You think you have it made but she has a knack of rolling the dice just right to land right on your spot. And then she will smile softly and say "Oh dear." I think she's sharper than any of us at the table. And yes she still does her crossword puzzles. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments