Walla Walla

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, November 05, 2020


A weekend spent touring the wineries of Walla Walla with friends.  It was an amazing time.  there are essentially five main terroir or growing regions in the Walla Walla area.  We started our tour at the Westside with Woodward Winery and L'Ecole Winery right next door.  One thing we learned from our friends, Justin and Amy, is to bring our own food/snacks. Wine tastes better with food, also it helps with the alcohol content to diminish it's effects.  Each of the wineries we went to had tasting fees that were waived by purchasing a bottle or two of wine and so we did load up for the year.  We also visited Woodward Canyon, Seven Hills, Tranche, Three Rivers and Waterbrook.  I think my favorite was Tranche.  Their tasting room was a tent by a fire pit in the middle of their vineyards.  It felt more authentic than the others.  I think I would also have divided our time by region:  Westside, Eastside, Southside, Airport and Downtown.  The downtown and airport district were more of tasting rooms than near the vineyards.  We brought with us our Wine Folly book which helped out tremendously.  We had also learned a bit about tasting wine before going.  I admit I sometimes buy wine based on the label yet mostly on cost.  When I find a wine I like, I buy it again and again.  After coming back home, I tried looking for wines specifically from Walla Walla that I liked to augument my "wine collection".





 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments