Lydia

By Leslie Parks - Monday, October 05, 2009





Eight years ago John and I moved to Bellingham with two small children and no other family around. Our Pastor in Montana called around and recommended Silver Beach Community Church to us. We attended and soon became friends with a family from that church. This wonderful woman would have me and my toddler and baby into her house twice a month. As soon as I walked in the door with children in tow her girls would whisk the boys out of my arms and downstairs to entertain them while I visited with this sweet woman. She taught me so much about being a mother, being a Christian, being a wife and being content at home. She did this by being hospitable to me and quietly teaching me by example. I've watched her children grow in the last eight years and have seen their walk with God grow and develop under the care and prayer of their mother. Lydia is one of these children who is not a child anymore. She has always been kind to my children and played with them. She has sought Lona and the boys out at church and church functions even when she could have been visiting with her friends. She is such an example of someone who wants to honor her parents and I wish I could have been that teenager to my parents. Lona adores Lydia just like she adores Lydia's older sisters. I have been very honored to know this family and to watch the changes in each of their very special and wonderful children. Thanks Lydia for allowing my to practice with you.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments