Tenant Lake

By Leslie Parks - Monday, April 12, 2010

We went to Tenant Lake and then spent 15 minutes over at Hovander.  I made the kids get dressed into some nice clothes so that I could work on some photography issues.  This week I'm working on framing my subjects.  Posing people is so hard for me.  I can't get the catchlights in their eyes, or they are in full sun or backlit.  I even made the dog and stay so that I could try to frame him using a doorway.  No one was safe from me and my camera.  We stayed for 2 and 1/2 hours while I worked on things.  One thing that I really wanted to be able to do is take a photo of some one with a sunburst and not silhouette the person or have the sun be a big white ball and lots of glare.  I think that I managed it ok.  When I first tried it the sun was too high and i could get the kids and the sun it at the same time.  After two hours the sun was lower and I got a shot that I'm happy with. My goals this year are to be able to take silhouette and non silhouette backlit phots, how to take a portrait photo with catchlights consistently, learn to take color correct photos both day and night, learn how to photograph our dog (black dogs are hard), take photos that are meaningful to us, learn how to quickly post process a photo taken in raw. 

Some problems with my photos are color.  They just seemed washed out like with Skagit but all my photos are straight from the camera, they aren't messed with at all.  Something I have to learn how to do.  I worked on Framing my subjects.  In one of the photos, Skagit's nose is covered with a twig, but the rest of the photo I like - that twig is distracting though.  I like the one with Lona running Skagit and the trees lining the road.  I think that they frame her.  The individual shots of the kids are just because it's been a while since I've taken photos of them like this.  Some day I may have photos on our wall. The last two photos of the boys with Mount Baker in the background I like but Mount Baker looks a little fake.  I do like the light though.  It was getting toward 6pm and it was nice and mellow.  I also like the photo of all three kids with attitude as I call it but I should have switched Isaac and Lona.  Lona looks a little lost in Isaac's shadow.  All in all, I think that I learned a lot.  I want to try it again soon.

Dimanche nous avons alles au parc pour prendre des photos.  J'apris quelques techniques de photographie et composition que je veux essayer.  Pauvre Job, Isaac et Lona.  Je le fait prendre des photos.  Ils ont grandit vite et je voulais prendre des photos pour souvenir.  Je fait des photos de notre chien aussi.
John a depart pour Alaska alors c'est juste moi et les enfants pour le semaine.  J'espere que nous pouvons prendre un marche pendent le semaine et aller chez restaurant aussi.  Isaac vas tourner 12 ans en mai.   Ca passe vite pour moi.  Lona est 8 en julliet et Job et 10 en septembre.  Nous avons excite de finir les etudes.  Je pense que nous avons 5 semaine peut etre 6 semaine.  C'est presque temp de decider les etudes pour l'annee prochaine.  Je pense que Isaac pris une classe pour ecrire ou un classe de francais a l'ecole. 
Le semaine derniere nous avons beaucoup de travailler.  Le pere de John viens de nous visite.  Il reste just pour un jour.  Il ecoute les enfants jouer le piano, vois le film de danse de Lona, et le matche de footballe de Isaac et Job.  Job dit que c'est nessaire de gagner parce que Grandpa ne vien pas ici de voir le perdu.  Ils ont gagne heureusement.  Isaac joue un matche et apres un autre equip a besoins un autre joueur.  Alors Isaac joue pour lui.  Il fait tres bien.  Dans le premiere matche il presque fait un but et aide un but.  Ce jeu a fini dans un cravate.  Dans le deuxieme matche, il a aide trois but et l'equipe a gagne le matche.  Pendant l'apres midi il arbitre deux matche.  Quand il retourne chez nous il etait tres fatigue.  Lona n'avai pas assez des joueurs pour un matche samedi alors il a decommande le matche.  Et mois, je continue d'etudier photographie.  Je prend un photo par jour pour une annee.  J'espere d'apprendre beaucoup dans une annee.  Gros bisou de tous. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments