Camp Grandma's

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, August 23, 2012

While John and I were in Chicago the kids were visiting my mother in Montana.  It was the perfect situation.   Their saying is "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's"   I have pieced together some of what they did.  They played at the city pool which has a water slide and a high dive.  They fished and I think that Job and Isaac caught fish. The real question is whether they cleaned the fish themselves or not.  They shot arrows in the backyard and out at a range.  The range had the ability to set up moving targets and I guess all the kids hit the target.  Jim put something on Job's bow so he could use it better.  It's a mark on the string so you know where to place the arrow each time.  They went to the cabin and shot a gun, played in the creek and built fishing holes.  They also watched a lot of TV, and I do mean a lot. 






















They went to Red Lodge and Washoe, Montana.  Red Lodge was having a motorcycle convention kind of like Sturgis.  I guess there was an older lady on a harley with very white hair and wrinkles.  She parked her bike, got off and pulled out a cane that was strapped to the back and proceeded to hobble down the street.  They visited Gigi at the quilt store and my cousin and her kids in Red Lodge.  Then they went to Chico Hot Springs to play in the ool, they left the "P" out and hopes all the guests do too.  They visited the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman.  I guess they had moved some of the dinosaur exhibits out so that they could have a Napolean exhibit.  My Mom said that she made them leave after 3 1/2 hours.  That museum isn't very big I can't imagine how they spent that much time there.  Then off to Fairmont Hot Springs for the night and to play in that termal pool.  They had quite the trip and lots of fun. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments