A Visit

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, July 18, 2017



It was so much fun and maybe even a little exhausting when my mom came for a visit. We packed a ton of stuff into the visit.  One important part was taking photos of her with the kids. I looked and looked around for my tripod head but couldn't find it.  I was desperate and finally conceded that I lost it.  I just wasn't using it correctly and had it all along but that is how things go sometimes. We loaded all the kids up in the van and went to one of my favorite spots, Hovander.  I love the views here and the lighting. However, I wanted to strangle the kids, the boys just couldn't keep their act together. They were brothers and were pinching and prodding each other throughout the whole thing.  And then Job's clothes.  Really an AC/DC shirt and sweats? Yep, that was what he wanted to wear. However, it is him right now and I would rather their clothes reflect their personality than not so AC/DC it is. Sometimes I just wonder about this family and how crazy we actually are.
While my mom was here, I took her kayaking twice and we went golfing together.  We also took Lona shopping. At one point I turned to my mother and apologized for being a teenager and my clothing choices. There was a lot of boundaries that I wanted changed as a teen and lots of baggage that I'm not carrying around because of those boundaries.














  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments