A Visit: Stoney Ridge Farms

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I have to admit that when I heard that Stoney Ridge Farms was open to the public for pumpkins and I had the chance to go with a kid I was excited.  In years past, we would ride the wagon around, pick out a pumpkin or two, eat the caramel apple pie, and snap photos like crazy.  I had expectations of the quaint little place it was with all the fun decor. The newly opened Stoney Ridge Farms was quite different than I had expected.  It seemed as though they went from quaint to large commercial.  I don't blame them really.  Who wants a bunch of strangers wandering around their front and side yard? However there was a little "je ne sais quoi" that was lost.  The barn was big, open and could fit many people.  I liked the little out buildings better and now realize that I need to adjust my idea of what Stoney Ridge is about.  Like most things, it doesn't stay the same but grows and changes as we do.  There are many things still the same I am just a little nostalgic.
The group Job an I went with were the foreign exchange kids.  They were introduced to corn mazes, oil drum train rides, wheelbarrow races, kettle corn and pumpkin hype. Come to find out, teens are the same the world over and like selfies and their photo taken.  Especially when they are being fun and goofy.  I think wheelbarrow racing should become a thing at the pumpkin patch but there probably is too much liability for broken arms involved yet the kids and teachers had fun. 













  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments