Thanksgiving Weekend

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, November 24, 2007





Over Thanksgiving we did a lot. We went to our friend's house for dinner. It was delicious. We painted our three bathrooms, we put up our outside Christmas lights, took down our thanksgiving decorations, made biscuits for breakfast, caught a rat (our 2nd one), played with frozen water (aka ice), fixed a toilet, cleaned the house, went on a bike ride and explored some woods, and played hours of chess. I can't wait for vacation to end and to get back to school where we have normal days. Just kidding. It has been a blast. I am trying to learn about my camera and to take pictures with manual settings. I am having a hard time taking pictures inside at night. I don't always want my flash but it turns out so grainy without the flash. If I use my flash then it is blue or washed out. What am I doing wrong. Practice, practice, practice. Read, Read, Read. I really want a book about photography for Christmas. I want to be able to take pictures with more than just the preprogram mode. I admit they are great, and my camera takes great pictures with them, but I do want to know how to do it.


On another note, I just found a scrapbooking store in Paris. I might just have to visit it if we are anywhere near it. If we are in the same arrondisement. We'll see.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments