Seattle

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, November 17, 2007















On Thursday, the kids and I went to Seattle to meet my Dad, Denis. It was really a good visit. We had crepes at Pike's Place Market. Then on the way to the Seattle Science Center the kids ate pain au chocolate. They loved it. At the science center we tried every contraption. Moved from room to room, watched an optical illusion demonstration (Isaac was picked as a volunteer to demonstrate something for everyone), and took in an imax theatre presentation. Four hours and I was beat. Then down to the pier for dinner at Steamers. That is such a great little restaurant. They had great burgers, very friendly guys behind the counter, and a great children's menu. We left Seattle at 8:30pm. Wow, what a long day. Job fell asleep about 1/2 hour outside of Bellingham, but Lona and Isaac were wound up tight. I had cancelled school the next day and they slept in.



Isaac was so excited to watch the imax presentation. He said, "I'm so excited, I'm about ready to pee." I had to laugh. He was definately intent on getting there inorder to watch.




On another note, the kids wer studying in Bible Jehu the commander of Israel whom God told to kill all of Ahab's family. So Jehu told the guardians to bring the heads of Jehu's son to him in a basket, so the kids made baskets out of newspaper. Then we learned about Jonah and the kids made a pinata fish. We are going to break it the last day of the quarter.


When the boys go to chess, Lona and I have our special time. One day we made the dough for hazelnut shortbread and then m&m cookies. I am trying to take pictures of the things we do. This may be the last year we do this, next year she may be in chess club too. Wow, I might have 1 hour of free time a week. What am I going to do?





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments