Bedroom grown-up

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The bed we bought in Montana,
Le lit nous avons achetes en Montana
I'm in the process of decorating our bedroom.  John has caught my vision of how I would like to pull it all together.  It started with a black iron bedframe that we purchased while living in Montana (about 12 years ago). 

The dresser
L'armoir que John m'achete
 Then about 5 years ago we purchased a large black dresser at an outlet for gently scratched furniture.  The feet of the dresser are important - they have round feet. 


dresser & bookshelf feet
Les pied d'armoir et l'etager

the foot of the nightstand
le pied d'une table de chevet
 
Last week we decided that we needed yet another bookshelf.  I love books and can't part with the really good books.  I found a cheep black bookshelf and John agreed that we could get it.  After Isaac and I assembled and moved it around in our room to a couple different places, we finally found the perfect spot.  John realized what I have been working towards for the last 10 years. 
We found a black nightstand (with round feet) and I am going to sand and paint the table next to the bed black.  The table works so well when John is working from home. 
I found this table in the garage of our last house and even with the crack across the whole table, I kept it. I'm looking for a chair on Craig's list that I can paint  to go with the table. The rocking chair we found in a shed at John's Mom's place.  I had it recovered and stained to go in the kids' room when they were babies.  Now it resides in our room.  I think it'll stay there until I have a place to move it.  The quilt rack has the afagan that John's Grandma crocheted and the quilt that my Aunt Vieth made.  Maybe that quilt rack should be painted black.
The lamp on the table came from John's aunt.  She received it at her wedding but didn't want it anymore, she was down sizing.

It is no longer here.
Ce n'est pas ici.
 I thought about painting the dresser but I don't think I could make it look right.  I think that the top is some kind of laminate that may not take paint well. My grandma purchased this when I was five at a garage sale.  It has served it's purpose and after 35 years I'm ready to pass it on. Now there is just a blank wall where this dresser was.  Should I place large photos here or a sentence written on the wall.  Need help with the last bit. After two tries, I finally like the color of the walls.  I made the curtains when we moved in.   

My mother-in-law made the quilt that is on the bed which I absolutely love.  I'd like to see crown molding around the room and maybe a black chandelier. I'm thinking that the room needs some photos possibly large black and white photos of the family. I'd like to replace the hardware for the doors (hinges and handles) to black.  Slowly very slowly it is coming together and I'm excited. 

Once I'm done with a room I don't want to do anything more, ever.  I have a spread sheet of things I'd like to do with the house including example photos and prices.  This has helped John see my vision and shows him that I'm willing to wait but also that I know what I want.

Apres 15 ans, J'ai presque mon chambre de coucher finir.  Quand nous habitons en Montana, John m'achete le lit.  Il y cinq ans quand il m'achete le grand amoire noir.  Le semaine dernier John m'achete l'etager noir.  Il est fatigue des livres en toute la maison.  J'aime des livres de bon histoire.  Quand il a vue les deux ensemble il me dit que nous avons une table de chevet noir.  Alors je vite trouve une et l'achete hier.  Le petit amoire brun, ma grandmere m'achete quand j'etais cinq ans.  C'est temp qu'il quitte notre maison.  La couverture de lit a fais par la mere de John.  Elle aime les coulour brillant mais elle me demande mes coulour pour la chambre.  J'ai une couverture de lit que ma Taunte Vieth a fait et une autre que la grandmere de John a fait.   Je fais les rideaux quand nous demenagons a la maison.  La Taunte de John nous donne la lampe.  Elle l'a recu pour sa marriage et maintenant n'a pas la place.  La table pres de le lit, je trouve dans la garage de notre derniere maison.  Je vais la peintre noir.  C'est un bon place pour John quand il traville a la maison.  Je voudrais que tous vas bien ensemble alors je cherche pour le meme mode de pied pour tous les meubles.  Je pense que je voudrais des photos grande noir et blanc pour les murs.  Je suis excite de finir la chambre.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments