Snow Day

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, January 12, 2011

When I woke up this morning there was snow on the ground and rain in the air.  Knowing it wouldn't last the day I woke up the kids and told them to get out there while it was around.  The boys said, "no thanks - I'd rather do school."  Lona's response, "I don't want to get up."  I promptly went downstairs and left for working out, leaving the kiddos in bed and John getting ready for work.
I was informed at workout that school was cancelled but that has never been an issue for us at home.  We can do school rain or shine, but preferably not when it is nice out.  When I arrived home I found the snow gear out but didn't hear anything stirring except the gerbils.  The dog almost never gets up before 10am.  I made the coffee and was getting ready to go upstairs to take a shower when Lona, in full ski gear, knocked at the back door wanting in.  Surprise. 

She was outside alone with the dog in the dark trying to make a snowman.  She hadn't even had breakfast yet.  I decided then and there to be spontaneous and call a snow day.  Isaac's french class was cancelled and so was Awana.  We had nothing pressing to do. 

Quand je se reveille ce matin, il y a de la neige sur la terre et la pluie dans l'aire.  Je demande aux enfants s'ils voulussent aller dehors pour jouer dans la neige.  Les garcons dirent "non, merci."  Lona dit "je ne  veut pas me reveiller".  Alors j'ai quitte la maison d'aller faire la forme physique.  La, j'ai decouvert que les ecoles sont ferme pour la jour au cause de la neige. 

Quand j'arrive a la maison, je trouve des vetements du neige par terre mais il n' y a pas de bruit dans la maison.  Je me fais du cafe et commence de montre en haut quand quelqu'un a frappe a la porte derrier.  C'etait Lona.  Elle etait toute seule dans la jardin sans lumiere pour fabriquer un homme de neige. Elle n'avait pas manger le petit dejeuner. 

Alors parce que la classe francais a ete decommandee pour la jour j'ai decide d'avoir un jour dans la neige.  Parce que nous finissons nos classes un mois plus que les etudiants aux ecoles, je pense pourquoi pas?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments