Summer Night Lights

By Leslie Parks - Monday, June 20, 2016



When I was little there was a house across the road from ours.  I remember one night there was a party. I must have been three or four at the time. Large paper lanterns were suspended from the large deciduous tree next to the patio. The shutters of the house were open and music came from inside.  Outside, people were wandering, talking, laughing, eating appetizers and drinking wine. It was all intoxicating and almost magical.  Ever since I've been trying to recreate the beauty of that backyard.  This year I've strung lights in our paperbark maple and through our wisteria.  I just have to plug in the lights and it transports me back all those years ago to the backyard party of our neighbors.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments