An outing: Stanley Park

By Leslie Parks - Monday, November 28, 2016


Shaking with excitement I pulled into a parking spot. My world was exploding with color from the brightest yellows to the deepest reds.  The grey skies made those colors more vibrant than I could ever imagine. I pulled out my camera.  The one I never thought I would ever own and marveled at how far I've come.  This was my test drive of the camera.  I had an afternoon all to myself with the camera and in our neighboring country to boot.  There was so much to see.  It was crazy that the benches were abandoned, with the scenery surrounding it.  I could envision sitting there with a cup of coffee and a croissant, just breathing in the season. I wander and look and think and take photos. My thoughts are led by what I see. The moss on the cement retainer wall that suggested a timelessness. The tree adorned in gold, gracefully shedding each left to create a blanket around it's roots. The palest yellows that blend into the fieriest reds on the leaves that decorate the ground. The geese with the backdrop of the Vancouver skyline: a merging of the natural with the man-made.  Each sight, each bend in the road, each curve of the path is another reminder of the beauty surrounding me, if I just tak the time to look and see with more than just my eyes.










  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments