A Date: Vancouver Christmas Market

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, December 21, 2017

























Sometimes I just need to find Christmas.  I look around and Christmas is gone. Sales are here but it's holiday this and holiday that. No one says "Merry Christmas". I need Christmas. I need the Christmas lights, Christmas candy, Christmas trees. I need the smiling faces and the quiet humming of Christmas music.  My country has given up Christmas for tolerance and non offending holidays. So I did what needed to be done and left my country in search of Christmas.  Luckily I found it across the border in Vancouver. John and I spend the day drinking mulled wine, beer, and hot toddys. We had a tunnel bread filled with nutella.  We ate burgers and sausages, looked at the shops filled with European Christmas gifts. We carried our umbrellas and bumped into people, saying excuse us and sorry and Merry Christmas. People smiled and laughed and strolled. Lights twinkled, music played, and children under scarves and parkas giggled. At the end of it, we were cold, wet and I was filled with Christmas.














  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments