Spring Changes

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, June 03, 2018

 As is typical in the spring we get out into the yard and work. Usually our big project is setting up the swimming pool but this year is different. We sold our pool. I thought we would have the pool until all of the kids had graduated from high school but it wasn't used last year much and filling it up is pricy.  Then we took a look at the calendar and realized that one of two things had to go 1) the pool or 2) the boat.  We couldn't do both and rarely did either.  I love the boat since everytime I'm on it, I feel as though I'm on a vacation.  But it is pricey and takes time each year to get it ready.  I also can not put the boat in the water or take it out.  That hopefully will change this summer, though I fear it will be the last summer with the boat as well.  Since we sold the pool though, we are faced with a large 18 foot diameter circle of sand.  During the winter the trampoline usually goes where the pool is but we took the trampoline down and sent most of it to the dump.  It was rusted so badly that I feared it would be a danger if anyone jumped on it.  So two large items left our yard this year.  I feel like the yard is so much bigger but what to do with the sand circle in the yard.  We have decided to keep part of it as sand and ring it with interlocking bricks and reseed the rest with grass.  I truly thought that the grass would sprout in a week but it has taken longer that than.  The key is to keep the dog out of the grass seeded area while still allowing his access to dig in the non grass area, which is no easy task.  We are waiting for next month to purchase the bricks.  We may decide to go a different direction. I would have to say this is a milestone in our kids' lives to get rid of both the pool and the trampoline all at once.  They've provided a lot of entertainment and memories but we are looking to create different memories with a firepit and patio lights and having dinners and lunches out on the patio.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments