A Tradition: Christmas Tree Decorating

By Leslie Parks - Monday, December 17, 2018



Every year we as a family decorate the tree. This year was hard. Each kid was working some evening during the week, had school during the day or was at a soccer game on the weekend. Bribery worked to corral them together so we could put up the tree.  Job brought home cookies from his work and I used those to get the kids to hang out. Photos of the participants were greatly discouraged and I had to settle with a few stolen moments and most of the tree. I so want this to be a family tradition, one that if they want to come back to participate in then they will.  I see the end of having kids here.  Really, I have two boys that are legal adults and a daughter that wishes she was. It really isn't what I thought Christmas was going to be like as our kids got older.  It is neither good nor bad just different and is changing to reflect the way life is heading.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments