Christmas Day

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, December 25, 2018




We've come up with a process that works well for us every year.  I stuff stocking for the kids so that when they get up, they get to open their stockings and have the sugar cereal that I put in there.  This way John and I can sleep in. Then when I get up, I finish up making the Christmas morning cinnamon rolls. The finish rising while we read the Christmas Story out of the Bible.  We chose a portion of the gospel and sometimes take turns reading it.  When John reads it, he always tries to do the voices for each person and we end up cracking up. We can't do a straight face when he is reading with a high pitch voice trying to sound like Mary or the Angel. Why the angel is a girl, I don't know.  After we hand out presents and watch each other open gifts.  Probably the best present for Isaac was the lava lamp in the shape of a hooka from Job.  Lona received speakers and was anxious to tear her car apart and put the speakers in. I got John a Mancrate that he had to open with a crowbar which was hilarious.  Clothes and techy stuff dominate our gifts instead of toys as they get older.  The stockings get filled with beef jerky, red bulls, San Pelligrino, gum, and car air fresheners. There isn't a need to keep them entertained in the morning since they sleep in instead of getting up early. Which means things may be changing the way we do Christmas morning. Afterward, I spend time cleaning up, we have breakfast and then go do our own little thing with our gifts.  Maybe next year we do a group gift of an activity instead of individual gifts. Who knows who will be around for the next Christmas. Things are changing. Is this our last Christmas together? I don't know.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments