Boyhood

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, November 04, 2008


Like father, Like son.




I think that this is a little scary, seeing my six year old hold and shoot a gun.








Daddy taking time to teach Lona how to site.
Loading the gun - fascinating.

























Looking at Grandpa with Admiration








This weekend we went to John's Dad's house in Sumner. I don't remember how it came to be but a Bee-Bee gun and pellet gun came out. The boys were all over that. I do mean all the boys (this includes John). John talked about the guns to the boys.

1. ALWAYS assume that a gun is loaded.
2. Point the gun towards the ground, never at a person, or animal.
3. Only shoot with Mom or Dad around.
4. These guns are NOT toys.
Then we proceeded to shoot the aluminum out of cans. I kind of like it too. OK, I really like it. I don't think that I'm interested in hunting but to go pop off some cans is fun.
Isaac looked at Grandpa Parks with glee, amazement, awe, and giddiness when he told Isaac that he could keep both guns. WHAT?
Yes, we have a pellet gun and bee-bee gun at home. Oh, joy.
Monday, we drove to Isaac's doctor appointment in Woodinville. WE opted not to take the bikes but I should have brought my running clothes and ran with Job and Lona while Isaac and John were at the doctor's office. Job and Lona ran around the playground like crazy.
We love Isaac's pump. His numbers are so much better than before. However, we have had problems with his pump company. First, there was a miscommunication as to where to send the pump initially. The company sent it to the doctor's office, my fault. The doctor said that the company should have known better they've been dealing with this company for years. The new pump rep messed up. The doctor's office returned the pump because they don't want to be responsible for an item this expensive. Then it sat at the company for a week and a half. I had no idea or we would have remedied that before going to the doctor's. We have had the pump now for 1 month. I have to say that we have learned a lot and John is reading everything he can to understand that. Last week, we went to change out Isaac's pump set. He has to do this every three days. We take a part out and open a new one. Guess what. The pump company sent us the wrong part. I call the company and they overnight a few samples to get us through until I can call the returns department the next day during business hours to correct this mistake. Oh, by the way, it must be my fault for ordering the wrong part. I had no idea that there were other sizes, otherwise when I received the first shipment I would have recognized it. Oh well. I talk to the returns department. They will overnight the correct shipment to me. I should receive it on Friday. Great. Friday comes and goes, as well as Saturday and we leave Sunday for Seattle. We show up at the doctor's office and there sits our order. The doctor's office was going to send it back to the company but called the company instead for us. They took care of changing the shipping address for us. Now when I order more parts/supplies from the company it should come to our house. I know more what I'm doing. It is just overwhelming what I have to order and from whom and where it all goes along with learning about the pump and using it. I'm sure that I'm going to mess up again. Now, the pump company also sent to our address the same parts. I guess I'll be calling the pump company again to make sure we are charged to all these things. Wow.










  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments