Can You Believe He's 9!

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, September 22, 2009


Today my Job turned 9. NINE years old! I can't believe it's been nine years. I tend to get nostalgic and start to remanisce when birthdays come around. It's been so long since we had him. So much has change, sleepless nights to a wiggly baby that could not sit on my lap for more than 30 seconds. He has over come food problems and health challenges. He continues to grow at his own pace and not at the pace "average" kids grow. He is addicted to Legos and has been that way for many years. When ever he gets money he starts picking out Legos to purchase. He is developing some great friends and this year has requested that friends come to spend the night. For a while we were worried that he would not have friends but he has a few special friends. His best friend though is Isaac and Isaac feels the same way. Isaac was a little worried that Job wouldn't invite him to go bowling with him. How could Job leave out his best friend? At 9 Job still will cuddle with Isaac when scared or Isaac can't sleep. I find them in one small bed in the morning. This year I asked Job what he wanted. His response, "My family, my friends, and my Legos." Very simple list.

Job bowled a STRIKE!
We had a bowling party at Mt Baker Lanes and invited his friends. He didn't want a cake or pie, just M&M cookies. So we went bowling and I made 3 large cookies and stacked them. It was nice and I'm glad John was there. He's good at organizing kids in a "PE" event. Then last night we opened presents after Isaac's soccer practice.


I let them play until 9:30 and then off to bed. This morning when I returned home from working out, I noticed the lights on in the house. I knew before walking in that a child was up. It was Job. He was building the Lego sets that he received last night. I decided that school should be cancelled due to Job's birthday so he played with either his Legos or with his Heelies all day. We've had one accident with the Heelies and now he can cruise through the house and turn.





He's getting better. The only bummer was the yo-yo I bought him doesn't work for us. Then tonight he wanted pizza, carrots, cucumbers and cookies for dinner. The pizza had to come from Nicco's (at Greene's Corner) and I asked them to spell Job's name on the pizza with pepperoni. There it was spelled out with pepperoni. I love non-chain stores.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments