Water skiing, tubing and wakeboarding

By Leslie Parks - Friday, September 18, 2009


This year for our anniversary I bought John a wake board. He has been wanting one and so I
took him down to the store to pick one out. He was going back and forth about getting something the whole family could use but I talked him into getting something for himself. Every now and then he just needs to do something for himself. He is always thinking of doing things with the family or for the family or because of the family. I love watching him do sports, play soccer, kayak, lift weights and water sports isn't anything different. Maybe it is because I can live vicariously through him or maybe it's because he looks so hot since he's fairly athletic. Whatever the reason I like to watch him. Although the wipe outs look wicked!



The kids love to tube. Lona doesn't like to go fast and no big waves. Job says that he doesn't like big waves but the look on his face and his attitude are totally different. One night after tubing we were checking on them before we went to bed and Job sat up and said, "No big waves, Dad, No big waves!" Then he turned around and it looked like he was trying to grasp the handle of the tube.




I made John line the boat up so that I could get a photo of Mount Baker in the background. It just looks cool.



Why he needs to wear goggles. I have no idea. He really doesn't get wet but he looks so stinking cute with them.


He is changing so much right now. What a show-off.

This little girl is so brave at somethings and cautious with other things. She likes to go sloooow.



Look at these little "stork" legs.


This little boy told me this summer that he WILL learn to water ski. He tried once last year and it really didn't work for him. This year it took him a couple of tries and he was up. The next time we went he just popped right out of the water. He has even gone out of the wake. Coming back into the wake is another story. He really likes skiing. The skis we are using are short little wooden skis that still have the goodwill sticker on them when John's Dad bought them when John was 14. It was amazing that John's Dad still had them. Now we get to teach our kids on them too.

Ouch that hurts.

I didn't grow up water skiing. In fact it wasn't until I was in college that I even tried to ski. It was a rare trip that I was allowed to take to visit a college friend that I tried it for the first time.
I had bruises on my thighs from my hands and rope handle hitting them when I tried to get up. The next time I tried was at Baker Lake a couple of years ago on these little skis. My arms hurt so bad the next day. Out of shape. This year I had to water ski. I didn't want to be out done by my 11 year old. I can barely ski better than him. I think that I got my bell rung. It was a little fuzzy coming up. I tried one more time but three face plants in the water and I was done for the day. I'm happy to say that I had purposefully left my camera at home so there aren't any wipe out shots of me. Thank goodness Isaac doesn't use a zoom lens so you can't see how much my belly sticks out. We are looking forward to next summer.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments