It only takes a spark

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, January 16, 2010

When I was little I loved going to Vacation Bible School.  I would spend a week with my Aunt Vieth and Uncle Charlie at their ranch.  Every morning we'd drive into to town for VBS.  Then in the afternoon I would play with a flannel board, check gopher traps, and run around the ranch yard.  Then in 4th grade I read a book about a missionary and for 2 years I wanted to be a missionary.  My mother made me a flannel board, and ordered some flannel board people.  I had the color them, cut them out, and then told Bible stories.  Things changed, we moved and I forgot about that.  Years later, I am now cutting out flannel people for Sunday school.  As I sat there cutting out people, thinking about what stories each of these people, items, animals went to, my mind drifted back to my Aunt and Uncle's ranch, back to listening to stories told by the VBS teachers, back to the songs we sung.  These are special memories and I hope as I share these stories to this new group of kids, that it will be something that touches their hearts and they will pass on as well.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments