Race Results

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, January 10, 2010


John entered a 10k race this weekend.  On Saturday he raced around Lake Sammish.  It was his first race in Washington.  He has always wanted to run a marathon.  He encouraged me, helped me train and figured out my training schedule.  I couldn't have done it without him.  Now it is John's turn.  When we were dating in Montana, he ran the 1/2 marathon in theGovernor's Cup in Helena.  He ran the ridge run as well in Bozeman.  Then after we got married, he started to train for a marathon but went up in mileage too soon, too fast and hurt his knees.  After 12 years or so he decided to try it again.  I am so proud of him.  He has increased his miles safely and slowly.  He runs intervals, he cross trains, he plays soccer, and he keeps track of his time and how long he should run the marathon.  I am thankful for his running partner, a gentleman from work who has run 4 different marathons in 3 different continents in 4 different countries.  Wow. This weekend was the Lake Samish 1/2 marathon and 10K run.  A 10K is little over 6 miles.  His goal was 50 minutes and he came in 50 minutes 13 sec.

Place     Name               Gender    Age    Time     Age Group   Placement in Age Group
31          John Parks          M         41      50:13     M 40-49             8

I think that is stellar!  There were 170 people who ran in the 10K. 
John I love that you run and play soccer and work out.  I love that you stay active and are always doing something.  I have enjoyed the last 20 years and look forward to many more years being active with you.  I am sorry that I wasn't able to be at that race,  (Kids and their activities) but look forward to the next one.  We'll be there in Vancouver cheering you on in the marathon for sure.  Love you.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments