Packing up

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, January 06, 2010


We have officially packed up our indoor Christmas decorations.  I wrapped the last decorations in tissue paper and bubble wrap and placed them in their box.  It just needs to be hauled up into the attic.  The last to go is the outdoor lights.  Every year I'm tempted to keep them up.  I love the twinkling little lights and would love to have them up during the summer and have dinner outside when it's dark with just the little Christmas lights on.  Unfortunately if we leave our Christmas lights on too long we get this nice little reminder note from the board of our subdivision about Christmas lights. If we were in the back of the neighborhood I don't think it would be a problem but we are one of the first houses and they are kind enough to overlook all the junk the kids haul out to the front. 
Now for some big news to me.  Skagit almost slept through the night.  John told him to be quiet at 1am and I thought I heard him at 3:30 but he remained in his crate dry until I let him out around 5am. I am hoping for another good night.  I think we are on our way.  And no accidents today.  I'm going to get a steam cleaner for the house soon.  I weighed him last week and he was 16 1/2 lbs.  Then a couple of days ago I weighed him and he was 18 1/2 lbs.  Tonight he was 21 1/2 lbs.  This dog is growing quickly.  I had to loosen his collar.  I think within 1 1/2 months we'll be getting another collar.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments