Neighbors

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Eight years ago we moved from Montana to Washington with a 2 year old and a 6 month old.  I knew no one.  I didn't know the area at all.  We had one car and John took that to work in the morning.  By the time he came home it was dark and I had no idea where the grocery store was.  He'd hand me the keys and point me out the door thinking that I needed to get out.  I did but I really wanted to understand where I lived in the day.  I would pile the kids into a single kid stroller and walk around the neighborhood but that was all.  My neighbor came to the rescue.  She had a young daughter and once John bought me a car she showed me different parks and places to go.  She introduced us to the library here too. Eventually we built this play structure with the plans donated to us by our neighbor.  After looking around the yard we decided to place it next to their fence.  We wanted to keep maximum area in the yard for play.  This has turned out to be fortunate for the kids.  They have played and talked and hung out together through the fence for the last 8 years.  I'm sure this will continue until all our children are gone.  Maybe even our grandchildren will use it too. 

Il y a 8 annee depuis nous avons demenage ici.  Nous avons seulment un voiture et John le prends a son travaille.  Quand il retourn a la maison, il me donne les cles du voiture et dit, "Vas a la marche."  Il pense que j'ai besoin un peu du temps tout seul sans enfants.  Mais c'est sombre dehors et je ne sais pas ou est le marche.  Je fais un petit cours autour de la maison mais c'est tout.  Ma voisin me mont les parcs, le bibliotheque et des autres places.  Nous avons construir cette platfond for les enfants pres de la barriere de notre voisine.  Les enfant jouons, parlons, et restons sur le plafond.  J'espere qu'ils le vont faire jusqu'il partir pour l'universite et peut-etre notres petits-enfant le faison aussi.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments