By Leslie Parks - Friday, March 26, 2010


So I borrowed my friend's lens to try it out. It allows me to take wider angle shots. I love my 50 mm lens for around home and my zoom for sports and dance shots but need something to take landscape and group shots.  Oh, I am so learning.  When I started I didn't understand anything about lenses and all their numbers.  I'm also trying out back button focusing.  I think that I like it but it poses a challenge when taking self portraits.  I like the fact that I can focus on an area and then meter and compose and take the shot and the focusing doesn't change.  I don't like it because now when others use my camera they don't know how to focus.  I'll try it out tomorrow at soccer.  I used it in indoor soccer and really liked it.  I have become a member of ilovephotography.com and am learning so much.  They have a 365 project that I've been watching and learning.  There are some incredible photographers.  This week's theme was nighttime.  I gave it a whirl and realize that nighttime photography is extremely hard.  I posted asking for help and received some incredible advice.  After dark I'm off to photograph a tree in bloom under a street light.  My first attempt was terrible I'm going to use my grey card for color.  I trekked my tripod out and set up because of the slow shutter speeds like 20 secs.  Also tomorrow is going to be an incredibly busy day:  Isaac has three games that he's reffing, Lona has a game , Job has a game, Isaac has a game and John has an 18 mile run in the morning.  The photos are for tremendous effort during the indoor soccer season - blizzards for goals.  You have to understand that they don't often score so we do like to celebrate - although all scores are team efforts.
Demain John cours 18 miles pendant le matin, Isaac est l'arbitre pour trois match pendant le matin et il a un match l'apres-midi, Lona a un match l'apres-midi et Job a un match aussi l'apres-midi.  Je pris les photo apres un match dedans pour les buts.  Ils n'ont pas beaucoup des buts alors nous avons les glaces quands ils ont les but.  J'essaye unlentilles d'appareil de photo de mon ami.  J'aime les deux que j'ai avait, mais j'ai besoin un autre pour les paysage et grand groupes des gens.  Je pris quelques classes des photographies. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments