A half marathon, 4 miles and 4 goals

By Leslie Parks - Monday, March 08, 2010


This saturday the kids, the dog and I ran in the Honeywagon 4 mile race.  John completed a 1/2 marathon in 1:47.  I am so proud of him.  He ran 8:10 minute miles.  He really had no idea how far he was running while training.  He was just going by time and thought that he averaged 9 1/2 minute miles.  But no he was faster and so he had been going farther.  We were quite excited to see him come in.  The results should be up soon, hopefully.  Isaac's time was 45 minutes and I think that he could have been faster but I had him stick with us for 2 1/2 miles.  I never know with his diabetes but the last part he kicked into gear and finished.  It was more difficult for Job and Lona.  If I hadn't told the kids that there would be no whinning I think they would have cried a little but they kept plugging along.  We ran the first mile then walked 6 minutes then alternated 6 minute runs with 3 minute walks.  I had to go to the bathroom so bad by mile 3.  I thought I was going to pee and for a minute I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom once we got to the finish.  Lona wanted to quit but I made her run the last bit and when she saw the finish line both her and Job kicked into high gear and tried to beat each other to the finish.  There is a little sibling rivalry there, healthy though.  Skagit being 4 months old did great too.  I think he's a long distance runner.  Once back he didn't want anything to drink he just laid down and watched people come in.  I had some time between our race ending and John coming in so I posed the kids to practice.This one was a favorite of Isaac, I don't know why.  It just seems to show emotion.  Then I totally messed up when John came in and way overexposed the photos so that they are unsalvagable when John crossed the line.  Major bummer.    I really wasn't expecting him for another 10 minutes but still that isn't an excuse.
After the race we headed home to work in the yard a little and then Isaac had a soccer game and what a game it was.  Exciting to the end.  Isaac scored the first 4 goals for his team and then had an assist.  He hustled more than I had ever seen him and he was covering for one of the players who had played a previous game.  He ran up and down the whole court.  He dribbled more than he had in the past and did some terrific one touch passes.  I couldn't hardly believe it.  Maybe he should run 4 miles before every game.  He has one more  indoor soccer game and then a week off before two practices a week for outdoor starts.  He will start reffing at the end of March.

Samedi, nous faison un cours.  John cours 21 km dans une heure et 47 minutes.  Isaac cours 6.4 km dans 45 minutes.  Job, Lona, le chien et moi courons 6.4 km dans 51 minutes.  C'est difficile pour Lona.  A le fin elle veut  quitter mais quand elle vois le fin elle decide de courir vite et presque passer Job.  Quand Job vois Lona  il decide de courir plus vite.  Je suis en fier de mes enfants et mon mari.  On courons pour le premiere et demi kilometer et apres on courons  pour 6 minutes et marchons pour 3 minutes. 

A l'apres midi Isaac a un matche de football.  Il fait quatre but. C'est uncroyable!  Le matche etait vraiment excitant.  Isaac ausi aide un coequipier de faire un but.  Il cours tout le terrain de football parce que un autre garcon avait toujours jouer dans un autre matche avant ce matche.  Il a un autre matche cette samedi est apres il a un semaine avant le saison de football dehors commence.  Quand ca commence il practique 2 jours par semaine et a un matche chaque samedi pour huit semaine.  Il commence l'arbitre a le meme temps.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments