Fragrance Lake

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, May 11, 2013

This is a hike that is open early if not all year long.  Some of the other hikes are closed until July due to snow but the chuckanut hikes are open.  It takes us about 1 hour up and 1 hour down.  We always stop at the falls for a snack and a blood sugar check.  The kids hike all over the falls.  At the top we hike around the lake, watch all the dogs swimming, sad that we don't bring ours.  And then we head down again.  We brought Ben with us this time and he got out of the car and was planning on running the whole thing.  It's been done, we had some guys pass us on the way up and by the time we got to the lake they had gone around 1 1/2 times and across the lake once as well.  Back to our kids, Job with his broken arm, Lona and Ben took off running.  It switchbacks right away for about 1/2 mile or so.  ven good photos.  It just doesn't work.








With in the 2nd switchback, Lona was done and by the 4th Job and Ben were done.  Isaac decided that he was going to train for a backpacking adventure.  Ben asked him what that was.  Isaac, "You know, you hike in with a backpack and camp."  "Oh, that.  I want to do that but my parents won't let me. You don't train once and then go in three months."  Ben responded.  Since soccer is almost over we have started the next activity:  hiking.  I think that the family wants to go almost every weekend from now on.  I'm game for that, however, I've decided that I'm going to take my camera and not the one Lona's using.  I'll carry the extra weight just for some better photos.  Oh, and you can't give the camera to a stranger and expect great or e

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments