An Outing: A Sounders game

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, August 23, 2016



"Hello."
"Hey do you want to go to the Sounder's game on the way home from Pullman?"
That had to be a rhetorical question. Of course I did because games are more fun in person than on TV. It is something about the ambiance, atmosphere, the energy that pulses through the stadium. Absolutely no question on going or not.  I hung up and started looking for seats.  There were seats here and there but this was a date. I wasn't going to settle for anything and to tell the truth it was about the same price for us to sit where we were sitting and it was higher up. I bought the tickets,we were almost at the center and in the 100 level.  It couldn't get any better, but it did.  We pulled into Seattle with minutes to spare before kick off, trying to find a parking spot. We paid, and at a college brisk walk (a jog for me) headed towards Century Link Field. The minutes clicking by, there was no way we were going to see the first few minutes. yet we did. My camera just at the allowable limit to bring in and yet I still was able to get amazing photos for where we were. It was intense and fun and everything a soccer game is supposed to be like. The frosting on the cake: we won.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments